Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Milk Chocolate Brownies

Over the weekend I was in a unique position.... I could freely bake whatever I wanted.  The house was freezing and I had to use the oven.  Most of the time I am baking for some one or something, or a request.  This weekend I got to bake the sweet taste of freedom.  So, I made something I would like, milk chocolate brownies.  I am the only person over the age of ten who prefers milk chocolate to dark, so dammit people, I was going to make something sweet for me.  This one comes out of the Tate Bakery cookbook (filed under rich white people under the Cornelius headings.). They came out fantastic, chewy and chocolatey.  They got even better the next day.  It was pure selfish baking joy.

Milk Chocolate Brownies

8T butter
9oz milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 t vanilla extract
3/4c flour
1T natural cocoa powder
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9" square pan (I used an 8, and it was fine.)

Kathleen King of Tates does the next part in a sauce pan, but really, people, a microwave is easier.  I nuked the butter until it was melted, the add the chocolate and let it sit for a few to melt.  I had to put mine in for 10 seconds to get all of the chocolate melted, but way easier than a double boiler.  Then let the mixture cool slightly.

Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the chocolate and mix well.  Add the flour, cocoa and salt, and stir again.  Spread this into the pan.

Bake for about 20 minutes, a toothpick will come out with moist crumbs.  Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment